Monday, September 12, 2011

More 1/72 AWI Americans

I'm slowly working my way through my boxes of extras. These are the last of my 1/72 AWI Americans. There are some sprues of British left and perhaps some extras for a camp. Beyond that, I'm done!

Nothing special here. Mostly some Imex extras that didn't necessarily make neat units while I was painting the bulk of the troops.

I ended up tossing out a fair number (40?) troops where the poses or scaling were just too awful to bother with. I don't normally do that but life is too short to paint crappy sculpts.

Up next: I have a bunch of 1/76 WW1 British on the go and have my first two units nearing completion. The rest of the forces have the flesh done and I will block in the colours over the course of the week. After that--who knows.

2 comments:

BigLee said...

Nice looking mini's. Agree with you about crappy sculpts, had a few of those in my time. Only one option for those fella's : File under 'B1n'

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks BigLee. Amazing how a company will go to the effort to produce expensive metal molds for soft plastic figures but the figures will be too big for the scale and have ridiculous and even anatomically improbable poses.