Sunday, September 23, 2012

Last of the Hallowe'en HoTT bases

The last bases of this short Hallowe'en-themed HoTT army are finally dry. Today we have two lurkers and a stronghold.


The lurkers are perhaps my favourite base. When I opened the box and saw two of these scarecrows, I wasn't sure what to do with them. But as I started painting, they started to look creepier and then I thought they'd make perfect lurkers.


The camp is a quasi grave-yard. There is another scarecrow sitting on a tombstone contemplating a skull. Around the back of the fence there is a nice snake slithering among the rocks.


Beside the scarecrow, there are three goblins working a cauldron who have whipped a ghoul of some kind. While in behind, a crow sits on an old post. Seems suitably ghoulish to me.


Up next: I spent some time last night blocking in a bunch of 15mm horses and painting the harness. If i get some time today, I will do the saddles and the riders' coats and pants. There are also some 15mm foot that go with these mixed units that I will paint at the same time. I'm also making a paper Borg cube to play Star Trek Fleet Captains with Bruce on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your idea of using the scarecrows as lurkers... Seems to be in keeping with many a horror movie!

Bob Barnetson said...

Yes, they creep the heck out of me with the skull underneath the fading bag ostensibly full of hay.