Friday, January 1, 2016

New project: Painting Battlelore

With the new year comes a new project: to paint up my first edition Battlelore game. I've always thought painting these guys would be interesting and this will be a nice change of pace from my 172-scale WW2 project.

I've ordered shield transfers for the armoured figures. While I await those, I decided I would start on the light troops without shields.  First up are half of the archers. I decided to paint (rather than flock) the bases after viewing some images online.

The figures are about 18mm tall (bigger than the 15mm guys Bruce brought over for comparison on Wednesday) so you are seeing them a twice their normal size. For generic monopose game pieces, they paint up pretty well.

Up next: Club night is Tuesday (maybe some Memoir 44) and I'm working on more of the Battlelore troops.


Barks said...

Nice work!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks! More will be posted on Sunday.