Sunday, June 17, 2012

More Lord of the Rings HoTT

I'm continuing to work away at an AWI commission (just finished gluing some infantry and artillerymen to some paint sticks) but I have been leavening the mix with some more 28mm LotR figures for a HoTT army I'm building.


These elves are plastics from the Fellowship of the Ring box that I picked up at MayDay. I always thought they were rather uninspired poses (fine and all, but nor much variation) so I decided to mix up the colours some to see if that would help. I think it did.


I'm quite taken with the flashing steel effect I got in the photo above. Overall, three nice blade elements.

Up next: I have some 28mm HoTT action at the club this week. And I have a few more bases of LotR that are drying. Then back to some 10mm AWI. I must go buy some glue today to assemble the gun carriages.

4 comments:

Arsenus said...

Nice work!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks--much looking forward to finishing these fellows and getting this army for sale. I have a bunch of elven shooters, some hobbit lurkers, a mounted hero, a base of riders and hobbit artillery underway. Also a camp. Should be a good army in the end!

Hendrid said...

The Elves look pretty good, mix of colours works.

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Hendrid; yes the colour mix worked out well. I will probably do something similar with the bowmen as there are only two poses (neither is particularly distinctive).