I knocked off another two bases of Romans this week amid working on some 15mm Anglo-Irish. Below you can see 1/4 of the basic Marian Roman I'm working on.
The command stand proved the trickiest and I'm ultimately unhappy with the poses I put together. But done is done and I think the painting worked out okay on the faces. I think (fingers crossed) that those in the command party used round shields, not the big scutum-type.
I also did a stand of Legion with pilum. I was trying to recreate the overlapped shield effect.
I'm fairly happy with how these guys turned out.
I think this is the most attractive angle, showing off the crisp pilum.
Up next: 15mm Anglo-Irish are about 60% complete so that is likely the focus. I might also crack open the Wargames Factory chariots Mark sold me on Tuesday.