Tuesday, April 9, 2013

1/72 Eastern Archers

With GMT about to re-release Expansion 2 of the Commands and Colors Ancient series this summer, I have been slowly painting up some Imperial Roman troops. Today, I finished the bowmen from the Strelets Roman Velites box.


Functional enough figures that took paint reasonably well. Cutting them off the sprues was rather laborious but the chunky sculpt is more my thing than the usual ultra-thin 1/72-scale sculpts. Helpfully, there are four sets of four which works out about perfectly for my needs.


Up next: I have some 1/72 slingers from the same box that are almost dry. And tonight I'm off to Bruce's for some gaming--not sure what yet. Then more 1/72 stuff (light troops are finished painting and I have just built some Roman cavalry). 

2 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

I like the look of those. Very nice painting. I was tempted to get them a few weeks ago but hadn´t seen any painted up. Now I wish I´d got them.

Bob Barnetson said...

Yeah, they look a bit awful on the sprue (not the neat 1/72 castings we're used to) but they paint up just fine. I am doing an entirely Strelet's army--not sure they would jive with other manufacturers that well. THey might work with 20mm metals, though. Love you work Paul!