Friday, March 15, 2013

15mm winter Shermans

I picked up a 15mm WW2 American commission that I'm trying to push out quickly. The easiest part of the lot was a platoon of Shermans with a bit of wintering for the Battle of the Bulge.


Nice figures with lots of add ons. I used a FoW spray primer at the owner's request. Not my usual approach (I prefer a wash and dip over white prime) but the outcome is fairly decent, I think.


A few issues with the decals (need to seal them on) but otherwise a pretty decent build. The Shermans are kitted out to represent a company at war with extra stowage, field armour upgrades and other bits.


Up next: I have three HO buildings finished and ready to show tomorrow. And I have three companies of airborne infantry with block painting done so I'll spend the weekend picking out webbing and weapons! Three companies is a lot of little fellows!

2 comments:

Remco said...

Cool Shermans, they are my favorite tanks and these are on my wishlist now as well, cool work!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks. Yes, nic tank. Kits allow you to build mid or late war version, not my favorite hull configuration but overall a nice kit.