Friday, July 20, 2012

Hott Lord of the RIngs Mounted

I finished off the mounted units for my Lord of the Rings 28mm "Good" Hordes of the Things army today. There are two bases.


The first one is a two-figure base that I'd use as riders. Mostly I was looking to use the few mounted figures I got in an auction lot.


Gimli and Legolas turned out quite nicely.


Not sure who this elf is but this could be either a hero or a rider unit. The sculpting is quite dramatic.


Up next: Some 15mm cavalry are underway (built, primed, horses painted). I also need to spend some time cleaning the hobby room to see what else needs attention. I've been hankering to do a warband for Songs of Arthur and Merlin.

3 comments:

Arquinsiel said...

That's Glorfindel, the elf that got bored of being dead and quit.

Bob Barnetson said...

Ah, thanks!

Kevin Barrett said...

Yup, Glorfindel. The most powerful Elf warrior in Middle-earth during the war of the ring.