Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Cardassian and Dominion fleets

Bruce and I have been fooling around with adapting Axis and Allies: War at Sea to Star Trek using some 1/7000 (or 1/10000--very tiny anyhow) ships from Shapeways.


I had Federation and Klingon fleets. Bruce picked upside Gorn and Kzintzi while I added some Cardassian and Dominion ships over the holidays.


Painting and photographing something this small is tricky (the washers I'm using as bases are one inch across). I painted the Cardassians a golden yellow, detailed and washed.


The Dominion I painted grey, detailed and washed mauve. The paint job looks okay at three feet, which is mostly what I was going for.


The nacelles on the Dominion ships turns out okay.


In a second order I put in with Bruce I also picked up some BSG ships and a few space stations so I will be painting those next.


I'm hopeful to get a game going with the revised rules in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Mike Strefford said...

ooohhh!! what shapeways store did you get them from if you don't mind me asking? they are lovely.

Bob Barnetson said...

National Cheese Emporium is the seller, in the micro fleets section of his store.

Mike Strefford said...

Thanks, thought it might be those ones :)