Saturday, April 22, 2023

Some 25mm Rebel reinforcements

In pointing up some Star Wars armies for Xenos Rampant, it became apparent that I was a bit short of support weapons for my Rebel forces. If the battles are set after RotJ (which, I think, is an interesting era), then I expect we'd see some captured Imperial kit plus whatever could be dragged out of storage.


These three tanks are, I think, Trade Federation tanks from the Clone Wars era? They are plastic and metal toys with irritatingly bendy barrels) that I repainted and weathered to look beat up.


These are too small for 25mm, but most of my vehicles are one or two scales "down" from the figures and they match the AT-STs pretty well.


I also made a few laser cannons a la Hoth. These are not as nice as the 3-D prints I see online but they cost basically nothing since I had all this stuff laying around.


Again maybe a step down scale wise, although these towers were not very big in the film, maybe 12 feet tall. I might put them bases to add some interest.


These were made with sculpty, wooden discs, nails, and some washers. Not the best figures in my collection but good enough.


Up next: Crimean war British, I think.

No comments: