Awhile back, I got a load of cheap Christmas village trees from someone at the club (Scott, maybe). These sat in my "future projects" pile for a long time.
I finally got around to doing something with them on Remembrance Day. First up was a soak to get the snow off. This was 90% successful but left an inky mess in the sink.
Bruce suggested spraying them with rustoleum green. He got a pretty good effect (below) and didn't even bother with removing the snow. I didn't have any paint laying around and have been trying to avoid going out unnecessarily.
I did, however, have a bunch of Army Painter flock (for some reason) and some glue. So I flocked the trees and they looked great. Then I sealed them with more diluted glue and a lot of the flock got driven back into the tree, leaving them looking so-so.
I think the effect is still pretty decent for basically no outlay. Not sure the extra effort gives a superior result to just spray painting, though. Live and learn.
They are rock hard due to the glue so should wear well at the club. I reused the bases they came with: some black paint, sand, seal, drybrush and flock.
Up next: Maybe a holiday themed post.