Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 1 club night

We had six  guys out on a cold and rainy Tuesday for club night. Scott brought out a game of CCA that pitted the Spartans (orange) against the Greeks (blue). We played three times with the Spartans achieving a historical victory each time.


Truly the scenario favours them. The Greeks have mostly light troops and their strategy has to be one of shoot, fall back and pick off while the Spartans lumber forward with slow troops and a poor deployment. But I think you'd be hard pressed to win with the Greeks unless you were really lucky.


Dave hosted Chris, Terry and Andy in a game of Sings of Blades and Heros, Tolkien style. A Balin's Tomb grab the treasure kind of scrap between his newly painted dwarves and goblins. The mechanics looks pretty slick (I've always liked Ganesh's die rolling system) and I left before it was decided who would indeed take what dose of a popular pre-menstrual symptom drug.


Up next: I have some 1/72-scale gatling guns and crews underway. After than, perhaps some more 1/72 ancients? I see GMT is promising to ship the reprints of CCA Expansions 2 and 3 mid-winter so I need to finish out the armies.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I admit, there are certainly times when I should take one.