Saturday, May 6, 2023

25mm Star Wars Heroes

In our playing around with Xenos Rampant, Bruce and I thought we might try to add in some hero units on the Rebel side (since characters feature so prominently in the Rebel storylines). At first we added in section commanders (basically generic NCOs that increased activation rolls) but that didn't really see all that interesting so Bruce went back to Dragons Rampant and pulled out some hero stats. I went back to my pile and found some suitable hero figures and painted them up.

First up in a generic Force user standing in front of a campfire that was likely from a LotR's box set a zillion years ago. The wash did a nice job of popping his robe folds into view.

I also took a Leia figure (Bespin, I think) and painted it in a forest camo. The camo cloak came out great but is obscured by the trees behind her (sigh).

For Han I pulled out a bunch of mechanical junk for him to take cover behind. This is mostly HO-scale railway siding debris from some boxed town I bought a decade or more back.



Finally, I hauled out a Luke figure and put him up on a bluff. The bluff is a piece of coal I picked up paddle on the river this summer.


You can hardly see them, but I was pretty chuffed at the buckles I painted on the side of his boots. Hs face looked less like Luke and more like the villain in the Karate Kid movies!


I'll report back on their use and stats when we get around to gaming them. I suppose I might also do a Vader (since I have a dozen figures of him).

No comments: