Saturday, August 27, 2022

Gloomhaven

A friend asked me to paint his figures from Gloomhaven, which I take it is some kind of adventure game with figures that unlock as you go. Since the figures are all boxed up, there may be some spoilers below (sorry).

Overall, the figures were harder painting than I normally do. Each pose was unique (i.e., no one in standard fatigues or outfits). But there were some recurring elements that needed to be consistent. These were sometimes not apparent until I'd already painted them a different colour. 

Nobody ended up getting stripped, but a lot of paint blistered due to high-volume swearing! I also did not have the character cards, so I had to work from the images I could find online plus some guess work.

Overall, they turned out okay. The wash really pulled them together by popping the muted detail on some of the sculpts.


Happy they are done and not a complete embarrassment! Now back to some Star Wars.

No comments: