Saturday, July 31, 2021

Terrain refreshening

Basing 3mm troops is taking more time than painting the (drying time mostly), so I have also been refreshing some of my terrain.

 I have a bunch of old 4" GeoHex hills that I use on a playing mat that I textured a long time ago (12 years? maybe 15?). They are on the left above. I have been repainting them to match the mat and the troop bases (right). There is a slight colour shift in this image so the new paint looks a bit dustier than it is in person.



Since I'm using the same paint colours, the match to the bases is almost perfect. There are a couple of dozen hills to do so I am slowly chipping away at them.

I'm also pretty happy with the match to the playing mat. This should make the hills blend in a bit better than the old ones did.


Up next: British 3mm infantry blocks plus some terrain. Then maybe some German vehicles.

2 comments:

Duc de Gobin said...

Excellent. Looking forward to Rommel with the hexes. Will you be doing some modern variants again too?

Bob Barnetson said...

Kind of depends on Bruce (he has the modern troops!).