Saturday, September 19, 2026

20mm WW2 Partisans

Finding 1/72-partisans was hard. Caesar and Strelets both produced plastic sets about 10 years ago but they are hard to find at a reasonable price and also in a non-US location. There are some 3-D printed sets around but they are a mint. Fortunately, I found that Mirliton had a nice set of metals.


There are two distinct sets of figures. Somehow, I ended up ordering three packs (one duplicate) but no matter. Overall, they had pretty decent character and come with a nice mix of weapons (British, German, and a few I couldn't really identify) and clothing.



I was particularly excited to see all of the women represented in the packs.


There were also some heavy weapons, both machine guns and a bren gun. A few fogure shave what looks like demolition charges. Weirdly, I don't see at with Molotovs.


These seem to fit in pretty well with my mixed collection of WW2 plastics. In the photo below the plastics are Revell, Esci, and Matchbox, I think. The metals are a bit thicker, but nothing you'd notice, really.

Up next: Probably some more partisans.

1 comment:

enzo said...

I reckon 5 of the 16 poses in the 2 Mars Volkssturm sets (1/72) would work as partisans as they are, and you could headswop a couple more. They're not perfect figures, but they're nice to have. If you bought the Strelets police to fight them, they have three figures in completely civilian dress who'd make good partisans.