Saturday, April 24, 2021

Colonial Warriors

There are six colonial warriors in Tangent Miniatures' line. I bought them all but got two Apollo's and no Jolly (he is on his way). These are pretty good figures, 3-D casts rendered in metal.


First up, we have Starbuck, Serena, and Apollo. I think Serena was supposed to be Sheba, but looks nothing like her (the likenesses of female sculpts are not as good as the males). So I made her Serena. Who needs two Athen's anyhow?


Next we have Boomer, Sheba, and a generic guy I made by cutting the head off the extra Apollo and glueing on one of the helmeted colonial heads that came with the set. Boomer is good but had a lot of flash. Sheba is supposed to be Athena, but looks nothing like her and Athena is also left-handed. The figure looks a bit like Anne Lockhart so Sheba it is. Generic guy could be the Rick Springfield character (Zak?) or maybe Ensign Greenbean.


Overall, these were fun figures to paint. I am still waiting for Jolly to arrive. The figures match the Crooked Dice Cylons that I have pretty well. I also have an MDF RAM APC from Warbases. It looks complicated and ultimately not that great so it goes to the bottom of the project pile.

2 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Lovely work on them all!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks! Just finishing up the missing Jolly and a few other bits.