Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Modelling: 1/72 WW2 Germans

I made some more progress on my Memoir 40 game this week, with 40 German infantry and a gun rolling off the production line.


The troops are a mix of modern Zvezda and ancient Airfix. Above you can see the main bases of several units. The upright fellows are Zvezda and the prone gunners are old Airfix Africa Korp.


Most of the Africa Korp were useable with just a paint-job conversion. I'll supplement with some guys with helmets. The Africa Korp set comes with many guys in short-pants. Some you can fake up with some thick paint. Some you can't... .


The units for the game will look as below with a main base and then individuals for casualty removal.


I also completed an AA gun. No real reason--just an interesting Zvezda model I picked up. I see I have another 88 in a box.


Up next: I did shopping at Terry' Crawlspace where the answer to every query is "I don't think I have any of those, but let me look... oh, here are six huge boxes of it." So my French and Germans will be getting some reinforcements. There is also the start of desert war force here.

2 comments:

Terry Silverthorn said...

Glad I could help Bob, it certainly opens my eyes as to what is lurking in there.

Bob Barnetson said...

I imagine! I may need to go through your tin of Germans again later on!