Friday, October 21, 2016

1/32-scale frontier militia

I couldn't make the club this week but I did manage to finish some painting. These are the second half of an Armies in Plastic 1/32-scale box of FIW troops. 


I painted these guys up as frontier militia for the rebels. My thought was that this took advantage of the figures' otherwise antiquated FIW gear. They can also fill in the ranks of larger militia units or act as scouts.


Overall, these are nice enough figures. They have an interesting variety of gear and poses and there was only one annoying bent rifle barrel.


The sculpting on plastics can sometimes be a bit muddy in order to deal with the undercut issue of metal moulds. These guys turned out okay, I think. Washing really helps add some depth to the figures and the paint tones.


Up next: I'm turning my mind to the British with eight foot figures underway and then six mounted.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Wow, beautiful figures!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Phil--they turned out okay, I think.