I have a couple of commissions haunting the shelves around my painting station. This is a 15mm Philistine army by Essex.
The army has two chariots (perhaps one being a heavy chariot, given there were three riders). These went together very nicely.I decided to go with an arid look to the basing.
There are also six bases of 3Bd. Essex has very tiny bases on their figures. This is visually nice but sometimes poses practical challenges. I ended up using crazy glue accelerated with PVA to get these guys to stay on the paint sticks and the base.
The monopose (which I like) makes the figures look quite uniform. I tried to mix it up by changing the cloth from figure to figure although keeping with the blue theme I'd agreed to with the owner.
There are also two bases of 3Ax. These guys were the trickiest to base as the integral base is about the width of an HB pencil lead. And there were two bases of 2Ps skirmishers below.
Up next: I have both 15mm Early Hebrews and 28mm Norman foot cleaned and read to prime. LIkely I'll get to the Hebrews first to advance this commission to conclusion. I have a buttload of Norman shields to glue on before I can primer.