As part of my summer-long efforts to rebase my 6mm armies on 80mm bases. This allows me to play double-sized DBA, Basic Impetus and CCA. It also makes the 6mm guys look more like an army.
I have been slowly whittling away the pile of 2000-odd Baccus Ancient Germans that I painted up a couple of years ago. I have finished the warbands and I think these turned out pretty well.
I think they look pretty good when matched up against the more ordered Romans.
I also did a bunch of archers. Unlike the Roman archers (who looked good in formation), I thought the Germans would likely be dispersed and in rough ground.
I thought the same thing with their skirmishers, ergo a rougher terraining was used.
Currently soaking to re-activate the glue are all of the horses as well as a bunch of Heroics and Ros chariots so they can double as Celts. More problematic will be the pike blocks I've been using for Greek states. These strips are held to their bases with white glue. And the pikes are glued to the figures... with white glue. Piss. So that should be exciting!
Up next: Some more 1/72 Rohan. Horse this time. The conversion (cutting off shields and replacing them with round ones) went well; now there is just "some" painting.