Saturday, March 22, 2014

AWI Odds and Sods

For whatever reason, these six 1/72-sale AWI dragoons have been on the shelf atop my painting desk for a couple of years with the horses done and the riders crying out for colour. I finally finished them off to clear up the space.


Nice enough figures (Italeri?) and these will be the start of my summer rebasing project--all of the AWI to washers with (one hopes) minimal figure damage I need a big trip to Edmonton Tool and Fastener this week.


Invigorated by last weeks CCA game, I found an CCA Epic scenario that pits Romans against Gauls. My figures will be out of period but I'm keen to use this orbit to push a few more figure through the painting process. I will have room for up to eight players but need four (well, three plus mer, I suppose).


Up next: Some 1/72-scale Persian light cavalry by HaT. Then some more 1/72 foot and some Roman cavalry.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to resurrect this post, but I just saw it. What size are the washers you are using for these. It looks like you would have to trim the integral base. I used to use two 3/4" (20mm) washers but now make my own cut from roofers tin that are approximately the same shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, These are fender washers that are just shy of an inch across. I often end up with a bit of overlap on the integral base so either trim or otherwise make do with the base. I used to make my own bases but a bulk buy of fender washers is so much easier and they have nicely finished edges.

    ReplyDelete