Friday, May 21, 2010

28mm Roman Horse

While waiting for the glue to dry on some Carthaginians, I finished up some Roman horse. These are Wargames Factory cavalry for my DBA Marian Roman army.

There are two units of 3Cv, including a Cv General.

I painted the shields and was not really happy with the results; I just can't mirror the crisp lines of decals with a brush and shaky hands! Horses turned out okay.

I also did one base 2LH with some shields scavenged from the Celt set.

Only a few more bases and I'm done with the Romans!

Up next: Some 15mm Irish ladies.

4 comments:

Chen-song said...

Bob, what's the base size you're using?

Bob Barnetson said...

60mm frontage and then regulation depth for the base PLUS 1 cm. Not perfect but something that can be accommodated in most game situations. As I expect I'll provide both sides, not a big deal.

Scott M said...

Hey Bob, any plans on doing an Impetus/Basic Impetus army?

Bob Barnetson said...

My thought was that using 60mm bases one could double sabot them to use in Impetus.

Bob