Friday, May 21, 2010

15mm Irish ladies!

Sean from Calgary kindly sent me an autographed picture of Erin Gray (from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century!) and included in the envelope three samples from the Trey Corbies new line of 15mm Irish Warriors Women of Erin. Trey Corbies is based out of Calgary.

These figures allow you to field an all-female version of DBA army II/54 (Early Irish). Overall, there is a lot of detail on the figures, but it is done in a painting-friendly way. All these screaming Irish women reminds me of Christmas Eve at my wife's late aunt's house... .

I knocked these fellows... err... ladies off in on a few minutes to get a sense of how they would paint and was fairly happy with the results. I should have added a trim line to the red dress and cuffs, mind you.

While I have a lovely Early Irish army from Splintered Light, I'm seriously considering buying another one just so I can field a super cool all-female army.

Up next: Not sure. I have a bunch of 15mm Carthaginians to paint. And maybe a few 28mm skeletons to mix things up.

2 comments:

EY said...

Cool figures. Are they 15mm to the eyes or to the top of the head?

Bob Barnetson said...

These are 18mm from foot to top of head.