Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Finally finished rebasing Star Wars!

Several years ago, I put together matching Star Wars armies, mostly using 25mm West End Games figures. I based them in groups for HoTT, played a campaign with the Imperials and then shelved them. I then used them for Memoir 44 but the grouped bases didn't work for casualty removal.


Back in the spring, I popped all 200 figures off their bases, mounted them on washers and started to flock. Then I lost interest and they became this overwhelming project sitting on the side table.


I finally finished these guys this week. It feels great to have this done--they were physically and mentally blocking my painting for months!


I just snapped some shots of a few figures. There are lots of duplicate storm troopers, Imperial naval troopers, rebel troopers, and wookies (some many damned wookies!).


I think these guys would do for a good pulp alley game one day. Maybe crossed with Star Trek so as to outrage my club mates?

8 comments:

Terry Silverthorn said...

Sooo.... your working on Trek figures next then to have both bands ready to rock? We could always do a Storm Trooper vs Red Shirts & have everyone die! Are these figures more in line with 25mm? vs what the Imperial Assault ones are, or the Wizkids?

Fred said...

I used to love this stuff when it first came out but could never afford it. Then I found about 30 stormtroopers at a bring and buy. They are still gathering dust twenty years later. I take them out evey now and again and dream of the days when 25mm was king.

Scott M said...

Could probably find a digital copy of the old West End Games Star Wars miniatures battles around. I may even have one...

Bob Barnetson said...

These are old school 25s so notably shorter than modern stuff.

Bob Barnetson said...

Oh yeah, prices were crazy. I got almost all of these in a bring a buy except Boba Fett (someone on TMP sent me him to fill out the Bounty Hunters).

Bob Barnetson said...

I was thinking Pulp Alley. Or maybe Dragon Rampant for more figures. Not sure 30-year-old rules are worth the effort I used to own a copy of the WEG rules but seem to have passed it on at some point.

trynda1701 said...

If you do play a crossover game, please post a blog, then step back and watch the Interweb explode!

Seriously though, do let us know if you do play a crossover game. I've seen starship combat crossovers on the Starship Combat News forums, so why not skirmish games?

Its your table! Have fun, and never mind canon! :)

Bob Barnetson said...

I have quite a number of 25mm figures (Star Trek, Star Wars and am awaiting an order for other TV shows) so I will keep you posted! My Xmas game will be a cross over but not using these figures.