Sunday, July 5, 2015

1/76 Matchbox Wespe

One of the kits I picked up from Terry this spring was an old 1/76 Matchbox Wespe. This was among the first kits I ever built and I was keen to try it again.


The grey tracks the kit came with had degraded over the years making them unusable and leaving an oily sheen over the model. The oil came off with some soap and I used some zipties to make replacements. Each tread is four pieces (two straight and two curved).


It is not a perfect remedy but not bad given my limited skills (and patience). I painted this one up for the desert and will add a crew in later on.


Up next: I have six bases of WW2 Germans by Zvezda that are drying and I hope to get a game in at the club this week.

3 comments:

  1. Glad it worked out in the end Bob, sorry about the old tracks. I guess some things just don't keep well for several years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Seems to be just the grey tracks that are not stable. The black tracks are fine. And I built a Stuart the other day with grey tracks and they were more or less okay. Lovely models Matchbox made.

      Delete
  2. Looks good. Was one of my favourite kits. I have a few in stock. I hope the tracks haven't deteriorated...

    ReplyDelete