Thursday, November 28, 2013

1960: Election of a President

I swung out to Bruce's last night for a game of GMT's 1960: The Election of a President. This is a nice card driven game with extremely simple mechanics that make for tough choices. I played Kennedy (blue) while Bruce played Tricky Dick (red). I got so engrossed in the play that I only took on picture (during the second turn).


I was certain I was hooped at several points in the game but I managed to pull of a win for Kennedy. Locking up the states with the most electoral college votes was my (simplistic) strategy. Bruce had a couple of tough turns mid-game and I expect that decided matters. I'm keen to try Twilight Struggle soon.

Up next: I have some 15mm tanks underway and then I need to sticker Commands and Colors Napoleonics for Tuesday night.

No comments: