I spent some time this morning painting some 15mm cavalry and made quite a lot of progress. As these dry and ready themselves for detailing, I turned my attention back to the superhero terrain boards.
I painted on sidewalks and crosswalks and then I washed and sealed the entire board to dirty it up a bit. Cutting the acrylic paint for the sidewalks with future allowed me to get a watercolour effect when I painted each panel on. It also enhanced the flow. Then a wash overtop added some grit. I will probably spray on a flat sealer when I get a chance.
I then cut a piece of grass to fit and built a park in the middle of the board to see how things looked with a bit terrain. If you image some 1940s-style buildings in the background, I think the effect is going to be just fine. The joint between the two boards is nearly invisible.
So I guess the next step is to start building some buildings! There are 15 in the railroad town box I picked up. We'll see how much time I get over the next few days to start building.
Up next: A unit of 15mm cavalry should finish up in a day or two. Then onto more 15mm cavalry before New Year's and the end of this commission. Maybe also some gaming when Bruce gets back.