Monday, September 6, 2010

15mm Littoral Terrain

With a DBA campaign coming up in just over a week, I needed to finish off the littoral terrain my vikings need.

I started with a 30x30cm piece of vinyl floor tile (what else) which I cut in half, giving me 60cm of littoral terrain (enough to cover one side of a DBA board). I then took some crumpled up tin foil and pushed it down on the sticky side of the terrain and gave it a greenish wash (ivy green plus future floor polish).

A couple of washes (blue, brown/black) later as well as some sand added for the beach and we're almost done.

Here we have grass and bush added to complete the piece and match it to my GW terrain mat.

Better lighting shows off the colours a bit better.

Overall, a cheap and durable way to make littoral terrain.

Up next: A 15mm Aitolian DBA army is coming off the painting table and has already sold! Also I'm running a game of Shadows over Camelot tomorrow night at the club. After that, I expect the autumn will be occupied with commission painting.

1 comment:

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Thats excellent...what a great way to make that happen