It has been a busy few weeks so I have gotten a bit behind in blogging. Two weeks ago, Bruce hosted me in another game of musketeers using the Tribal rules.
There was a hidden character that the cardinal had to find and rescue while the musketeers tried to prevent the rescue.
On the right side of the board, I finally got the hang of using shooters to immobilize while swordsmen close in to do some damage.
The left side was a bit of a bad match up for the cardinal's forces and, at this point, I figured the game was in the bag.
Then the cardinal appeared and greased three units in short order. Jerk.
At that point, the cardinal had found the figure to be rescued and I didn't have enough troops left to do anything about it. A great skirmish game because we actually had to fight each battle with cards (instead of just pushing the figures together and rolling dice). Gonna try to graft this system onto some superheroes.
This week, I was at the club and hosted a game of Imperial settlers for Andy, Scott, and Terry.
Despite Terry's baleful gaze, I think we had a good time. There are a lot of decisions to make each turn and minimal interaction between players. I was leery of four people meaning a lot of sitting but we managed to learn and play the game in 2 hours.
The Egyptians won. Scott played well and it is a good faction. Terry played the Japanese (which were interesting and different).
Andy and I soldiered on with the Roman and Barbarians. I was way behind but was trying for a long-game win. Alas, Scott just had too much of a lead by the end of the game.
Up next: I am half way through rebasing the 1812 British that I have after a trip to the washer store.