Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Gangster's action

I popped around to Bruce's last night and he put on two short Gangster games to try out some new rules on his new terrain.


First up was The Chicago Way, which is a card driven game. I enjoyed the random nature of activation and the multiple uses of the cards. Our dice rolls were rather extreme so it wa shard to judge the combat mechanism! Visually it was a bit messy on the table.


The FBI ran into a bad streak of luck as Violin Vinnie greased a guy, ran to his boss and then hosed the feb trying take down Mad Dog. Streaky dice!


We then tried Osprey's new Black Ops rules. This game ended poorly for the mob, in part due to a mix-up in rules understanding (cough, cough!). This is a bloodier game with some neat reinforcement, spotting and NPCish rules for guards. Hard to say if it was good or not--I died too quickly to do much more than walk forward, get spotted and be gunned down!


Up next: Some 1/72-scale models and some 15mm character figures. I'm also going to bring Dragon Rampant out to the club next week so I should get that together!

2 comments:

GGouveia said...

I found the same thing about card clutter in dead mans hand. I found the solution was to move cards to side of table but lined up with the figures. Works well.

GGouveia said...

I found the same thing about card clutter in dead mans hand. I found the solution was to move cards to side of table but lined up with the figures. Works well.