Saturday, February 15, 2014

Some Battlelore with Warlord Jessica

This is the Family Day weekend, here in Alberta. Family Day means Monday is a statutory holiday. The origins of the weekend are that then-Premier Don Getty needed to distract people from his son getting busted for traffic blow so he created a new holiday. In February. 


Fast forward 25 years and Jessica wanted to celebrate with some Battlelore. It has been so long since I have played Battlelore than I had to quickly relearn the rules (mostly the rules that differ from CCA or CCN) and we played a mostly medieval game (plus a giant spider).

Jessica squeaked out a victory in game in (6-5) throughs one aggressive cavalry charges. Below you can see her cornering my medium foot. She explained (very patiently) that by moving her light cavalry behind my foot they couldn't retreat. I confirmed I was familiar with this tactic.


Game two was more exciting (for me). I was dealt both mounted charge cards so I spent about 7 moves setting things up. Jessica moved forward to fight and I creamed, rolling up unit after unit. She was a good sport given the game was 6-0 and over rather suddenly. Wish I could play that well at the club!


Up next: Hard to know. My back is all grabby so painting for long periods is difficult. I will try to knock off some more ancients. I really should paint these Battlelore figures one day. Hmmm.

4 comments:

Sander said...

Great to see Jessica beat her old Dad on his home turf! I can foresee some purple and or pink knights in the future there :-P

Bob Barnetson said...

Well, everything else she owns is purple and pink... but I draw the line at minis!

Terry Silverthorn said...

HAH Bob I keep saying the same thing...about painting the Battlelore figures....one day!

Bob Barnetson said...

Yeah, there are a lot of the fellows, aren't there? They'd look so good painted, though.