Sunday, September 1, 2013

1/72 Germanic horse

While I spent as much of the summer as I could outside, I did manage to get some painting done and I'll try to catch you up in the next few posts.


First up are 16 1/72-scale 4th century Germanic horsemen from MiniArt. The MiniArt box comes with a mix of horse and foot (foot will come shortly).


Overall, decent figures that could be used for a variety of late Roman or early dark ages gaming. Some of the horse (lancers) look quite Arthurian while the others would do for Saxons.


The horses are a mixed bag sculpting-wise but they look fine and have lots of detail for a wash. These guys will flesh out my German army for the re-release of the CCA Expansions 2 and 3.


Up next: Some 1/72 Germanic Foot.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Tha Germanic cavalry is really nice...waiting for the infantry!

fireymonkeyboy said...

These turned out really well, nice work!

FMB

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks guys. These are pretty decent figures that open up the dark ages nicely! Foot follow tomorrow, I think.