Saturday, February 26, 2011

28mm Celtic Chariot

As the month draws to a close, I'm pushing a last few projects out the door. First up a 28mm plastic Celtic chariot by Wargames Factory. I picked this one up from a fellow online (thanks!) to finish off my Gallic/British DBA army.

I decided to go with two crew in case I ever need to differentiate the chariots between light and heavy. I also managed to trade away the remaining sprues of Celts I had in the basement for some medieval knights.

I've been painting up a storm these past two weeks. This is very encouraging as there is a buttload of miniatures in the basement to paint up, most in 28mm. I'm aiming for 200 or 3000 figures done this year and 300 per month is a good pace to start out at.

Up next: I'm almost done assembling 47 28mm armoured vikings (mix of Wargames Factory and Old Glory with a couple of GW figures in there I think) as the first half of a later Viking/Leidang DBA army. Lots of chainmail with these guys! I also have the remaining pieces of my Saxon army drying and I'll post them up tomorrow--two 7Hd, a 2Ps and a 3Cv. Pushing their way to the front of the queue are a bunch of 1/72 HaT Napoleonics that I'm going to use for American troops in the War of 1812. I picked up two nice source books so the uniforms will be less daunting.

4 comments:

Caliban said...

Wow - that is an ambitious target! I'm lucky if I manage a couple of dozen a month at the moment. Good luck...

Paul

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks. Managed 2100 last year so I think this is possible; be nice to knock down the pile in the basement.

Bob

Ray Rousell said...

I love the Viking period, I must get some photos of mine up soon!

Bob Barnetson said...

Ray: Yes, very fun! I will spend some extra time on my shields for these guys. Just finished priming them and hope to have the chain dry-brushed tonight. Need to give my Saxons someone to fight while we wait for conquest Games to get their Norman foot plastics done.