Saturday, April 27, 2024

Stairs

A few weeks back, I posted my first effort at adding some stairs to my Mageknight dungeon tiles. I decided I could likely do better than these spirals so I pulled out some extra trap tiles to form the basis of stair case. I cut and layered on some floor tile and then did a quick paint job to approximate the pattern on the tiles.


Overall, this is okay. The stairs are playable (Dr Doom was MIA for about 10 years and recently discovered cowering in a box of PolyPocket dolls so also got some paint this week) and they match well enough. A bit more attention to the painting likely would have improved matters.


Here you can see the stairs snapped on with some other tiles. I think the other tiles could stand a wash to make them less chalky. And below I have clipped in the less success stair tiles (both an up and a down set).


Since I have lots of trap tiles, I might well do three more sets of stairs over the next bit. As builds go, this was dead simple.

No comments: