Saturday, August 12, 2023

Heroscape tiles

Awhile back, I got a pretty good deal on some heroscape interlocking terrain tiles. I've looked at these a couple of times over the years and thought they might be an easy way to add some vertical terrain to my skirmish games. They might also work as a playing surface for micro-tanks (like the 3mm pico armour below). The problem, of course, is that they are in cartoonish colours.


After some hand wringing, I decided I would just spray all of the pieces a single colour (rustoleum camo sage), which matched my gaming mat and also meant that touch-ups would be easy. In a rare feat, I managed to spray everything using only one can of paint! I then used some French blue on the recessed "water" tiles. So far, adhesion has been good and I haven't see any real paint rubbing off.

For a "nothing" project (10 minutes and 2 cans of spray), I'd call this a success. I'm hopeful to adapt Xenos Rampant to superheroes this fall and will use the hills to create some elevation challenges in an outdoors scenario. They are too small for use with Rommel (need bigger hexes) but I have 4" hex terrain for that so no worries.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Adapting Xenos Rampant to superheroes sounds like great fun! I hope it's as successful as your spaceship version.