Saturday, September 11, 2021

ST:DS9 crew

Over the past few years, I've painted up a couple of sets of monopoly tokens as 25mm ST:TNG and ST:TOS crews. These helped flesh out my Last Unicorn Away Team

A few weeks back, I saw another set of the ST:TNG figures which included the super rare four extra tokens you mail away for so I bought them. When I got them, I was like meh. Plus I now had a bunch of duplicate figures. But looking at them I was like, you know, these could be converted with some paint to ST: DS9.

So here is most of the crew of Deep Space 9. Some of the paint jobs look hilariously bad on film, which is not the case in person.

I used one of the mail-away (Dr. Pulaski) to make Dax. Some kind of weird frosting effect with the sealer has washed out her face. Picard became bald Sisko (the best Sisko), and Miles O'Brian stars as himself.


I already had a Tasha Yar, so she becomes Major Kira (with some kind of crazy Joker face). Data becomes Doctor Bashir. Wesley becomes Odo, and Worf get a command tunic and promotion. I need to find a Quark and a Rom.


For a "why not?" project, I'm happy. I used some putty to get a start on a ST:VGR crew that I'mm show next week. But I need ("NEED") another set of tokens to finish that off.

No comments: