Saturday, January 2, 2021

6mm Roman auxilliaries

Back before Xmas, I picked up a bunch of Baccus 6mm figures that a local guy was looking to get rid of. As these things often go, turns out he's a friend of an old acquaintance in BC and bought them from another acquaintance in NF.

I mostly bought these on a lark because I was running low on stuff to paint and hadn't done any 6mm painting in close to 10 years (and I thought another lockdown was looming). Turns out, my eyes are way crappier than they were back in the day! The result, though is good enough for me.

I based these on one-inch squares. Most rule sets can be played in base-widths these days. And, looking at Bruce's recents efforts, two small bases means you can represent (left to right below), line, column or square/entrenched.


I'd forgotten how fast 6mm can go. There are 192 figures in these 16 bases and they only took a few hours to paint. I have a fair number of Romans and then some hairys to get to over the next few months.

4 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

Ooh, I'll be watching this project develop with some interest.

DeanM said...

Very nice. Must try out this scale someday.

tim said...

Nice! Is there a specific game you are painting these for?

Bob Barnetson said...

No specific rules in mind. This was more of a painting project bought on a lark (good deal).