Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Tricorne and 54mm AWI figures

So, after more than a year of waiting, my copy of Commands and Colors Tricorne arrived last week! Great service by The Sentry Box. The box is pretty thick (maybe the thickest of the CCA boxes) and I was excited to open it.

Inside you find the usual stuff. Bags of blocks. Red British, blue continentals, and dark blue Hessians. Stickering the blocks took about two hours.

There are also two types of cards: a shared command deck and separate battle cards. I think this mechanic is from the WW1 variant and adds some chrome to combat.

Combat is pretty straight forward but the new mechanics are rally rules. Basically, if you get pushed back, your unit must dice to avoid a rout. So avoiding flags through linear tactics seems important. Generals also appear to play a more important role in combat.

The rest of the components are nice. Good dice (no stickers!) are included. The may itself is 13x11 hexes (versus the usual 13x9). I will need to see what my hex mats look like downstairs to find one to work with the 54mm guys I have been painting.


Speaking of figures, I finished off 12 54mm plastic troops that have been sitting on the paint table for months.


They are a bit same-same n their colour schemes but, when mixed in with other groups I have painted with different palettes, we should get a more "rabble" look overall. Only regret is the electric blue jacket below right.


I have more (sigh) of the rabble to paint. We'll see what I have to do to fill out some of the scenarios.


Bruce is coming over tonight to get in a game of Election 1960 but with a Trump-Clinton skin. I am looking forward to see what he has. I'd also like to get in a game of CCAWI in the next few days so I know what I'm doing at the club next time.

2 comments:

Scott M said...

Looking forward to trying this out!

Terry Silverthorn said...

I think you found your opponent