Saturday, January 21, 2017

54mm British Grenadiers and lights

No gaming for me this week as club night interfered with my turn to host the local gardening club. But I did get a bunch of painting done. This week I finished off some A Call to Arms plastics.


First up were some British grenadiers. Lovely figures--a real dream to paint.


Below I have compared them to All the King's Men. ATKM is a touch larger. Both are nice and I have another order in for some more ATKM figures to round out some units.


I also did some lights. These are from the American Maryland Militia box. Apparently there is a British lights box but I have yet to see it available anywhere. Anyhow, these guys more or less look the part.


One bayonet stubbornly refused my efforts to correct its bend. But otherwise a great set.


Here they are with the ATKM's lights. In the end, I decided to order four more ATKM lights to round out the 12 guys I need for the Tricorne orbat and transfer the A Call to Arms guys to the British cavalry--they will do as dismounted dragoons.


Up next: I hope to try out some Musket and Tomahawk with Bruce soon. In the meantime, I have a bunch of 54mm Hessians on the painting table.

2 comments:

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

You can really do a lot with the faces on these 54s. Well done. Nice expressions.

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks--the sculpts here are very nice. Some of the toys that I'm employing (for the Hessians, for example) have less detail so the faces are more impressionistic!