Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Character bases for Dragon Rampant

I picked up a few character figures to round out my Dragon Rampant armies with some magic users, clerics and heroes. (Apologies if the formatting is a bit off--Blogger is giving me difficulties).


These are Splintered Light minis and are lovely poses. They remind me a bit of the old Grenadier D&D minis from the 1980s.


Dragon Rampant suggests multi-figure bases to represent small groups of magic users and warriors. I think this worked out okay--I have elevated the camera (above) to show the rear rank.


The basing is rather plain to match the rest of the troops in the army (from the Battlelore game). The characters are a touch smaller (15mm versus 18mm) than the Battlelore figures.


My solution was just to put an extra washer under the character basis to give them some extra height. Seems to work okay.


Up next: I'm off to play from more gangster's with Bruce tonight using the Osprey Black Ops rules. Then I'm not too sure what is next I have a 20mm M-36 tank destroyer primed so maybe that gets from paint.

5 comments:

tim said...

They look great, Bob!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks. I was pretty happy with them. Layering in 15mm is a tad tedious but okay for a small run of figures.

GGouveia said...

15mm ? They look great Bob. Does the club play Lion Rampart as well?

GGouveia said...

15mm ? They look great Bob. Does the club play Lion Rampart as well?

Bob Barnetson said...

Yes, 15mm. Several guys at the club have brought out or privately played Lion Rampant and Dragon Rampant games over the past few months.