Saturday, September 5, 2015

1/72-scale French tanks

Earlier this summer, I picked up a huge 1/72-scale WW2 collection from Tim in Saskatoon. I have been slowly working my way through various parts of it. This week I painted a pair of French FT-17 light tanks for my Memoir '40 project.


These came built and one had a bit of painting (the yellow) done. So I found some other tanks (bought from Terry) with a similar scheme and then tried to match the colours and Tim's steady hand (above).

I think the new fellows match the older ones (below) well enough. In looking at the tanks, I see that the ones that came from Tim were not Matchbox (as I original thought) but some other manufacturer. Apologies that my "yellowing" issue on the iphone snaps is back.


Up next: I have painted up a bunch of 1/72-scale Afrika Korp. I'm not sure what will follow them. Perhaps some Italians? The plastic Italians I have all seem to have a feather on their helmets. Not sure of that makes them alpine troops. I may need to nip the feather off for desert troops.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Nice looking tanks, well done!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks. Happy to manage to make them work out. Now onto some Italian tanks and troops for North Africa.