I spent some time last night working away on a large commission of 10mm AWI fellows. I managed to get the basic coat colour on 112 of them. I then turned my attention to some of the items I picked up in the MayDay auction. Jumping back and forth between small easy projects and larger, tougher stuff seems to help me stay focused.
One of the items I picked up was a bunch of 28mm GW LotR figures. This included the terrain from weather top, I think. I haven't decided what to do with the figures, although there are enough good to do a decent HoTT army of hobbits, elves and a few dwarves and humans. In the meantime, I thought I'd knock off the terrain.
A black primer, then a heavy "wet bush" of sand and a drybrush of sandstone and then a dip and they were done. About 15 minutes for two sets of three pieces (only one set pictured here). I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with them yet so I haven't added any foliage around the bottoms or mounted them on bases.
I also ended up with a bunch of post-Roman dark ages figures--enough for Saxon and Romano-Brit warbands in Songs of Arthur and Merlin. This terrain might work there. The evil forces from the LotRs stuff might also be a good quasi-fantasy Arthurian enemy warband. We'll see how that plays out over the summer.
Up next: I have a quick trip for work so I hope to snap some pictures of Fort York (I have about three hours to kill in downtown Toronto tomorrow afternoon). Then back at these AWI fellows (gun stocks and hair are next, then gunmetal and bayonets) plus perhaps a stab at a few LotR figures. Alas, I will miss the club on Tuesday night. But I hope that is the last of the spring interruptions in gaming.